Alton Republican HistoryNo Images Available
The original paper was founded by the Lend A Hand Society, in conjunction with Shurtleff College. On 8/16/1902, John D. McAdams, originally a reporter at the paper’s outset, along with D.R. Sparks and Eugene Gadkens, incorporated the Republican Publishing Company, which was listed as the paper’s owner. The paper consolidated with the Alton Evening Telegraph in 1905.