American Law Review HistoryNo Images Available
Founded in Boston. Moved to St. Louis in 1882 when it was sold to Review Publishing Company.
In 1883, the Southern Law Review, and in 1885, the Western Jurist were consolidated with it. The American Law Review is a bi-monthly magazine of 160 pages, devoted to the law. It contains leading articles by eminent legal writers on topics of interest and value to the bench and bar, editorial notes on live topics of the day, resumes of recent important decisions of the State and Federal courts, letters from prominent lawyers on matters of interest to the legal profession, and book reviews, calling attention to new books of value to lawyers and for what special purpose. The Review is edited by Seymour D. Thompson, ex-judge of the St. Louis Court of Appeals, and Leonard A. Jones, a noted legal writer of Boston.
(From the Encyclopedia of the History of Missouri by Alexander N. De Menil, 1902).