SEARCH WEBSITE
               
SEARCH ARCHIVES - click here

Belleville Banner History

No Images Available

The Belleville Banner, a Democratic paper with a conciliatory and reformatory mission, made its greeting bow to an unappreciative world September 1, 1859. It was a six-column folio, edited and published by H.L. Davidson. It made no great impression on the town and was short-lived.

(From the History of St. Clair County, Illinois by Brink, McDonough & Co. 1881).