SEARCH WEBSITE
               
SEARCH ARCHIVES - click here

Belleville Beobachter History

No Images Available

Belleville Beobachter

            The Belleville Beobachter, the second German paper in the State of Illinois, was started in 1844 by Theodore Engelmann, who at that time was Deputy Circuit Clerk. During the same year he was elected Circuit Clerk. Not having time to attend to his paper, he sold the office to his foreman Bartholomew Hauck, who moved the office to Quincy.

            (From the History of St. Clair County, Illinois).