SEARCH WEBSITE
               
SEARCH ARCHIVES - click here

The Daily Dispatch History

The first copy of the Daily Dispatch appeared March 7th, 1861. It was edited and printed by Thomas H. Fleming and G.M. Williams. On the 19th of the same month it was transferred to G.A. Harvey, publisher of the Democrat. He continued it until Aug. 3d of the same year when its publication ceased. The reason given was that the paper could no longer get satisfactory telegraphic news service.

(From the History of St. Clair County, Illinois by Brink, McDonough & Co. 1881).