SEARCH WEBSITE
               
SEARCH ARCHIVES - click here

Madison Record History

No Images Available

The first issue was made at Edwardsville, February 14th, 1850. Messrs. Dallam & Ruggles were the editors and publishers. In November of the same year Dallam retired, and his place was taken by Lemuel E. Smith. On the 19th of December the firm underwent another change. Ruggles retired and David Gillespie, Esq. became a partner with Smith, and editor of the paper...The Record, under the management of Messrs. White & Gillespie, continued until the spring of 1851, when the latter withdrew, and soon after the paper suspended.

(From The History of Madison County by W.R. Brink & Co. 1882).