SEARCH WEBSITE
               
SEARCH ARCHIVES - click here

Moniteur de l’Ouest History

No Images Available

Le Moniteur de l'Ouest was begun sometime in April, 1856, by E. Delane Maryat, who came to St. Louis shortly before starting the paper. He was connected with the French press of New Orleans in the early fifties. The Moniteur was a weekly and had a brief career.
(From the Encyclopedia of the History of Missouri by Alexander N. De Menil, 1902).