SEARCH WEBSITE
               
SEARCH ARCHIVES - click here

The Saint Louis Medical Reporter History

The Saint Louis Medical Reporter, a journal of general medicine and surgery, issued semi-monthly, first appeared March 1, 1866...At the end of the third volume, it was sold to the publisher...and the Reporter became a monthly. After a few issues it ceased to exist.
The Reporter is known as being the second medical journal west of the Mississippi, and the first to make use of illustrations in its pages. The wood engravings, made by St. Louis artists under the personal supervision of Dr. O.F. Potter, are works of art which are not to be surpassed...The editorial conduct was equally worthy of notice.
(From the Encyclopedia of the History of Missouri edited by Howard L. Conard, 1901).