SEARCH WEBSITE
               
SEARCH ARCHIVES - click here

St. Clair Daily Tribune History

Willis E. Finch & Brother established this paper in East St. Louis in February, 1875. The Tribune was politically Republican and had for its motto, “Republican, Protestant and Progressive.” In January, 1878, the Finch brothers suspended its publication and sold their type and other material to Messrs. Harney and Tissier, two young men of East St. Louis who, on March 9 following, issued the first number of the East St. Louis Herald.

(From the History of St. Clair County, Illinois by Brink, McDonough & Co. 1881).