SEARCH WEBSITE
               
SEARCH ARCHIVES - click here

St. Louis Times History

No Images Available

In 1850, a second St. Louis Times made its appearance, edited by Judge Walker, formerly of the New Orleans Delta. A.H. Buckner, Walter B. Foster and John Loughborough, at different short periods, occupied the editorial chair. Finally, it was absorbed by the Union.
(From the Encyclopedia  of the History of Missouri edited by Howard L. Conard, 1901).

Another paper appeared April 3, 1850, under the name of the St. Louis Times. It was Democratic, and was published daily, weekly, and tri-weekly.Judge Walker, formerly of the New Orleans Delta, was editor, and Mr. [Hiram S.] McFarland, also a journalist, was associated with him. During the first month of its existence, A.H. Buckner became the editor. In a few months, however, the paper became embarrassed, and was purchased by W.B. Foster, and John Loughborough became editor (Buckner retired). In January, 1852, Mr. Foster associated himself with William R. Price. In October of the same year, the Union was absorbed, and the two were published as the St. Louis Times, by Philips, Price & Norris, Mr. Foster having previously sold his interest to Mr. Price. This is the last account we find of it.
(From the History of St. Louis City and County by John Thomas Scharf, 1883).