SEARCH WEBSITE
               
SEARCH ARCHIVES - click here

The St. Louis Union History

In the latter part of 1880 an association of workingmen known as the Co-operative Printing Company established The Union, a weekly journal devoted to trades-unionism and the elevation of the laboring classes. It was a five-column quarto, and attained a respectable circulation, but did not pay, and near the end of 1881 was sold under mortgage. The new owners soon afterwards sold it to A.R. Brown, who eventually transferred it to his brother, W.H. Brown.
(From the History of St. Louis City and County by John Thomas Scharf, 1883).