SEARCH WEBSITE
               
SEARCH ARCHIVES - click here

Western Mirror and Ladies’ Literary Gazette History

No Images Available

The paper was established at Edwardsville by James Ruggles in May, 1938. He was editor and proprietor. The Mirror was devoted to the introduction and propagation of a universal language by which the whole human family could hold converse with one another and be understood. It was a worthy mission, but the feeble effort of its progenitor fell stillborn. It continued until the spring of 1840, when its name was changed to the Sovereign People.

(From The History of Madison County, Illinois by W.R. Brink 1882).

Var: Western Mirror, Literary and Political Gazette; Western Weekly Mirror.