In September, 1881, McClelland, Winter & McClelland established the Grain Review. The senior member of the firm was T.L. McClelland, formerly of the Pittsburgh Evening Chronicle. This is believed to be the only paper in the country exclusively devoted to the grain and elevator interests, and its specialty is the publication of statistics on the subject from the great grain centres of the country. It is issued monthly.
In February, 1883, the journal appeared as the American Trade Journal and Grain Review, the former title not being regarded as sufficiently expressing the comprehensive character of the publication.
(From the History of St. Louis City and County by John Thomas Scharf, 1883).