SEARCH WEBSITE
SEARCH ARCHIVES - click here

Hlas History

In 1873 the Bohemian Literary Society established Hlas (“The Voice”), edited by Rev. Joseph Heson. It is the organ of the Bohemian Catholics and is the only paper of that character in America. It is published monthly and is a six-column quarto.
(From the History of St. Louis City and County by John Thomas Scharf, 1883).