Years in print:
The Valley Farmer was issued as a monthly by Pickering, Penn & Co., in 1848. K. Gates and Ephraim Abbott were its editors. It was a quarto sheet of twenty pages. In 1853 it was bought by Honorable Norman T. Colman, who changed its name to Colman's Rural World and issued it weekly.
(From the Encyclopedia of the History of Missouri by Alexander N. De Menil, 1901).
Devoted to the interests of the cultivators of the soil in the Mississippi Valley. E.K. Woodward and E. Abbott, publishers.