Go Back

Publication Name:

Alton Republican

Years in print:

1895- 1905

History:

The original paper was founded by the Lend A Hand Society, in conjunction with Shurtleff College. On 8/16/1902, John D. McAdams, originally a reporter at the paper’s outset, along with D.R. Sparks and Eugene Gadkens, incorporated the Republican Publishing Company, which was listed as the paper’s owner. The paper consolidated with the Alton Evening Telegraph in 1905.


Masthead Images:


Videos:

Not Yet Implemented

Related Articles: