Years in print:
The Illinois Temperance Herald was a monthly publication, the first number of which was issued June 1st, 1836, at Alton. A.W. Corey was the editor, assisted by Timothy Turner, a noted temperance worker and orator. It was a four column folio, published under the auspices of the Executive Committee of the Illinois Temperance Society. It reached a circulation of from six to eight thousand copies. It was discontinued in the latter part of 1842.
(From The History of Madison County, Illinois by W.R. Brink & Co., 1882).