Go Back

Publication Name:

Presbytery Reporter

Years in print:

1845- ?

History:

The Presbytery Reporter was a religious magazine the first number of which appeared May 1st, 1845. The first year only two numbers were issued. From May 1847 to May 1850 it was published quarterly, sixteen pages. From May 1850 to May 1854 it was published bi-monthly. The subscription list was then transferred to the Evangelist, printed at Chicago. In May 1855 the publication of the Reporter was resumed at Alton, and continued monthly, as the organ of the Presbyteries of the Illinois and Peoria Synods. Rev. A.S. Horton was the editor.

(From The History of Madison County, Illinois by W.R. Brink & Co. 1882).


Masthead Images:


Videos:

Not Yet Implemented

Related Articles: