Go Back

Publication Name:

The Sucker

Years in print:

1840- 1843

History:

The Sucker was established in Alton January 5, 1840. It was published by Messrs. Parks & Beatty and edited by "Ourselves," who were understood to be William S. and John Lincoln, sons of Levi Lincoln, Governor of Massachusetts and Juinius Hall. On 21st March of the same year (some reports say Oct. 31, 1840) it was merged with the Telegraph. It was a Whig paper and supported Harrison for the presidency.

(From The History of Madison County, Illinois by W.R. Brink & Co. 1882).


Masthead Images:

The Sucker

Videos:

Not Yet Implemented

Related Articles: