Years in print:
In 1878 George C. Bunsen of West Belleville purchased a press and printing material from the St. Louis Type Foundry and commenced publication of a paper called The Reform. It was devoted to the interests of the laboring classes, and advocated the claims of the socialists and communists. It was printed for four or five months, when the office was closed by the type foundry, and the material taken, and soon after sold to L.W. Haberoom.
(From the History of St. Clair County, Illinois by Brink, McDonough & Co. 1881).