Go Back

Publication Name:

The Courier of Medicine

Years in print:

1890- 1896

History:

The Courier of Medicine succeeded the St. Louis Polyclinic instituted in 1889 in the interests of the St. Louis Postgraduate School of Medicine, and conducted by the faculty. In 1890 Dr. L.A. Turnbull was engaged to take charge of it, and shortly afterward he secured it entirely, and changed the name to The Courier of Medicine. This journal is not to be confounded with the St. Louis Courier of Medicine, which was conducted by Dr. Nelson for several years and was discontinued in 1888. On account of ill health, Dr. Turnbull was obliged to close out the Courier in December, 1896.
(From the Encyclopedia of the History of Missouri edited by Howard L. Conard, 1901).


Masthead Images:


Videos:

Not Yet Implemented

Related Articles: