Years in print:
In 1879, Godlove, Fredman & Wolfner established the Jewish Tribune. Sunsequently it became the property of Rev. D. Sonnenschein and Rev. Mr. Spitz, who were its editors. The Tribune was originally devoted to society matters among the Hebrews, but Messrs. Sonnenschein & Spitz made it largely a theological paper. Finally it was bought by M.C. Reefer, who is business manager and local editor...It is published weekly, and is the organ of Western and Southwestern Israelites.
(From the History of St. Louis City and County by John Thomas Scharf, 1883).